Discover our packages and promotions of the new programming!

The Pavillon

The Pavillon2019-05-16T16:18:24-05:00

Our mission

The mission of the Corporation du Pavillon des arts et de la culture is to present diverse professional programming capable of reaching a wide audience and meeting the needs of schools groups, while also providing local artists with access to an appropriate venue and contributing to the community’s cultural development.

The Pavillon des arts et de la culture de Coaticook - About us

History

1 November 2018

2017-2018

During the 2017–2018 season, the venue hosted a record number of sold-out shows by the likes of Katherine Levac, Guylaine Tanguay, 2 frères, Dominic et Martin, Alex Nevsky and Jean-Claude Gélinas.

10 December 2014

2013-2014

Over the course of the record-setting 2013–2014 season, the Pavillon des arts hosted a total of 38 shows. High-profile performers included the Sœurs Boulay, Laurence Jalbert, Bernard Adamus, Vincent Vallières and Patrice Michaud.

15 October 1998

1997-1998

New curtains were installed to improve the venue’s acoustics during the 1997–1998 season. The work was completed just in time for a concert by Zachary Richard.

12 July 1998

1998

The Pavillon’s community engagement efforts led to the launch of the “Canton est fier” (Township Pride) program. It allowed all of the communities in the Coaticook Regional County Municipality to stage shows produced by their [...]

21 February 1996

1996

In 1996, the Canadian series “My Hometown” was filmed at the Pavillon des arts et de la culture. It featured actor Jay Baruchel in one of his first television roles.

26 April 1995

1995

The church was renamed the Pavillon des Arts et de la Culture de Coaticook in 1995. The facility hosted its first performances in September of that year. The very first artist to take the stage [...]

8 September 1993

1993

In 1993, the Town of Coaticook acquired the facility. Renovations completed during the winter of 1994 aimed to preserve the building’s heritage character. A portico was added on the south wall.

11 March 1923

1923

A fire in March 1923 completely destroyed the church. That summer, construction began on the site’s third Methodist church. It would later be named the Sisco Memorial Church.

5 June 1874

1874

A Methodist congregation established in 1853 built the first church on the current site. It was replaced by a second church in 1874.